2nd part of the script

24.4.11

TONI

You're the hot topic.

TOM

(not really happy)

Yes...

TONI

(drinking a little bit more)

If only was 'cos I know you, I would say that you are too modest.

TOM

No, I'm really happy, I saved that people from the robbers, I really feel good, it was a exciting moment.

TONI

If that means to you “exciting” I now understand why you are for a long time without having a screw.

TOM

Dick.

(Both laugh)

TONI

What is fucking your head?

TOM

Nothing, it's just... why should I be so excited, it's just same as always. We're super-heroes, we're supposed to do that.

TONI

Well that's true, but you're you.

(picking with him)

Oh, the big Tom, super-hero of super-heroes, hipper-velocity and all powers in one.

TOM

Don't say that. Don't go on showing me the dick you're. We know it already.

TONI

I have to go on with my bullshit, just in case you forgot it. Nah, to be honest everyone is jealous of your powers, even me

(rises the paint)

but you're the best to use them. Imagine what could have happened if people such as Billy or Sandrine have had your. Super-villains, great name, sometimes I imagine I live in a comic world.

TOM

Aren't we?

TONI

Well I would like to suppose that in comics we would have better beer than that shit.

TOM

That is not your writer fault, but yours. If you had asked for a Guinness...

TONI

I don't want the Guinness Irish people don't. You know that they pee on it?

TOM

I like Irish pee then.

TONI

You're fucking weirdo. But well, if you don't want to tell me what’s wrong with you,

TONI TOM

you're within your rights, I'm gonna give up

but I think...

TONI

(stops drinking)

What?

We hear the voice of Ollie who has just arrived to the bar. He is asking other people but we can't see him.

OLLIE

Hi? anyone has seem Tom or Toni? The super-heroes?

TONI

This kid is such a wanker! Shut up dude! We're right here! Are you blind?

OLLIE

Sorry man, I was on delay and I didn't know whether you have gone or not. I'm gonna drink something.



Ollie disappears from the scene and Toni comes back to Tom.

TONI

Do you want me to tell him to leave or speak about this in another moment?

TOM

Don't worry, giving up a job is not a drama, it's just an event.

TONI

OK. as you wish.

OLLIE

(sting with them)

So, have I lost anything?

TOM

Well... first of all you shouldn’t come into a bar saying you are a super-hero and you have meet with some others super-heroes.

OLLIE

But...

TONI

People know that there are super-heroes but don't that we're that people. I want to have a normal life, please. And apart from that... Tom is gonna give up the job.

OLLIE

What?

TOM

OK. I've my excuse, I'm too old for that. I will be 40 in a year...

TONI

And several hours... the fact is that I'm 43.

OLLIE

Wow, I thought you were younger.

TOM

So?

TONI

Do you really mean that I'm old for my job?

TOM

No, no way.

TONI

Age is mental. A way of measure our behaviour in a calculated society. Who can tell you that 18 is the proper age to decide the politics of your country?

OLLIE

Exactly, I'm 20 and I've to wait for that lot of time.

TONI

Exactly, and really do you think that he's prepared? 'Cos I doubt...

(laugh)

OLLIE

Ehh!

TOM

I arrived this evening at home. And I discovered that I was alone.

TONI

...mm you're growing up... at last! 39 years is a good number to start growing up.

OLLIE

Anyway I think that growing doesn't imply give up being super-hero.

TONI

Yes, I'm the living proof.

TOM

But you're different from me.

TONI

If you mean I'm older and I have pass your current crisis; yes.

TOM

No, actually you're really different. You have your mum...

TONI

My sick mum, the one who can't live by herself.

OLLIE

Is it really serious?

TONI

Severe rheumatism. She can't move so much from the bed.

TOM

But the think is that you like it.

TONI

That's true. I don't know... I live alone, as you. But you know... I always liked to live alone. That's good if you like independence. I can dedicate all the time I want to my plants, gardening, nobody is gonna say me anything if I don't sleep at home or if I arrive late.

TOM

Well... a family is not a mum.

TONI

Sure, but a family is a family. So, that's the point, you want a family?

OLLIE

Family sucks, they pressure you, do that, go to uni, got a good girlfriend, don't smoke, that's not a good job for you... come on!

TOM

Well... is not just a family is just company.

TONI

Buy a cat, cats are funny and cute. They lick you, spend your money in food and medicines, sleep with you sometimes... they keep your company. But they eat plants... I don't want a cat to eat my plants... I don't like cats... buy a dog!

TOM

I don't want animals.

OLLIE

Well... then here we are, you want sex.

TOM

Fuck of, are you kidding me? Are you really saying that a family can be substituted by a dog and sex?

TONI

Not at the same time but...

(Toni and Ollie laugh)

TONI

I mean... everyone is a world. Nobody establishes a date to start thinking about having a family or not.

OLLIE

Yes, that's true. My best friend, he's 21 and he has a child with his recent wife, they got married one year ago and. For me that's really distressing, I don't know I want to live! Working as a super-hero, having sex with a lot of hot girls, perhaps travelling to China, getting drunk in several party... that kind of stuff.

TONI

In my case, life is not so exciting, but I know what I want. I want to travel, to meet new people, I don't like living in the same place always. I can't help staying here 'cos of my mum but... I'd rather pay an assistant for a week to take care my mum than a wife and some children who spend money and tie you up. If I had all that, yes, perhaps I wouldn't feel lonely but... well actually I don't feel that way any more, I'm happy with my friends and my trips which makes me feel more alive. But I understand you, I overcame that period... life is plenty of emotions and amazing things, you've to find your.

TOM

Fair enough.

OLLIE

But, the thing is, why do you wanna give up?

TOM

I don't know... I wanna change my life. Working as a super-hero is not the best thing in the world.

TONI

That's true.

OLLIE

Oh my God, you can't say that! Being a super-hero is the coolest thing ever!

TOM

Wait a pair of years...

TONI

Being a super-hero is the only thing you can be in your life. It takes too much time from you.

OLLIE

Well, but we don't work 24 hours per day, and we also have free week ends and holidays.

TOM

Sure, but anyway as elder you are, your energies increase and the energy that the super-power takes from you is the same, so, time by time you'll arrive home more tired and that sometimes makes difficult the relationship with people.

OLLIE

But, any way, there is some super-heroes who are married and all that stuff, isn't it?

TOM

Yes, but that normally either is difficult to find a couple who understands that or the partner is also a super-hero.

TONI

(with a shame smiling in his face)

Aww, I remember Anna. I almost can smell his hair. That was an ass!

OLLIE

Who was she? What happened?

TONI

Nothing, she just was called to work in India.

TOM

I sow Shona last month. She has a pretty child. Blond... as her.

TONI

(to Ollie)

Shona was his girlfriend 'til he started working here.

OLLIE

What happened?

TOM

I loved her a lot, but when my job started to demand much of me she didn't accept that and by that time I was more in love with the happiness of the people I rescue than her. But I didn't regret that. I loved being alone... I love practise high-risk sports, write, don't fight for the remote... but now I'm not pretty sure.

TONI

Mid-life crisis my friend.

OLLIE

If I can give my opinion. I wouldn't give up. I'll just go on with my life but trying to have more time for myself. Come on man, you like that, you like being a super-hero! Being loved, rescuing ladies and being adored...

TOM

That's cool when you start. I have been that way for almost 20 years... I expected more than that from life.

TONI

Well, that's your point. Everyone chooses their way. I'm happy where I am. I had as everyone my midlife crisis, but... the matter is to be selfconfident with your decisions, isn't it? In the end, that is what makes you the person you are.



Toni stands up and takes his jacket which is on the back of the chair.

OLLIE

I'm also leaving mates, I have to wake up early tomorrow. I hope see you tomorrow morning, dude. See ya!



Ollie takes his umbrella and goes.

TONI

Think about whatever but, be yourself, don't let events scare you.

TOM

Well, we're our circumstances, isn't it?

TONI

Happy birthday, bro.

Toni wears his hat and leaves.

0 críticas constructivas: